While FSO training has a reputation for being a little dull, this new course from PRM has been designed to educate, empower, and engage your teams. This refreshed version of the traditional 2-day FSO course also includes a greater emphasis on new staff inductions, skills maintenance exercises (evacuation drills) and workplace safety auditing, amongst other areas.
The Best Fire Safety Officer Training for you
The Fire Safety Officer course will suit employees with limited or no fire safety experience and who are fulfilling a secondary appointment role.
The FSO role is appropriate for smaller facilities or at a department level in a large facility.
At PRM we proudly employ expert trainers who draw on their lived experiences to deliver educational courses that fully engage all participants.
The two-day FSO training course will equip your staff with the skills and knowledge to contribute to appropriate emergency planning. It has been developed to cover a broad range of emergencies and facilities as considered in Australian Standard 3745 and Australian Standard 4083.
Where this course is being delivered within the NSW Health sector, it is done in accordance with the NSW Health’s Policy Directive for Fire Safety in Health Care Facilities (PD2010_024). PRM offers this nationally recognised training under license and for Allens Training RTO 90909.
Participants will learn how to:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an FSO.
- Understand legislation relating to fire safety.
- Identify fire safety installations and equipment in a building.
- Develop an awareness of maintenance and records relating to fire safety.
- Develop risk management strategies.
- Emergency Planning Processes.
- Conduct and evaluate evacuation exercises and fire drills.
- Operate emergency protection and emergency control equipment.
To enquire about Fire Safety Officer Training in your workplace, please give our team a call today.